[BITList] : a man's best friend

David Harvey dhbison at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 09:41:13 BST 2010

This is quite amazing.   I find no reference to it in Snopes so I can only
assume it’s legit.  Don’t forget to watch the video attachment.    LW

*Hello everybody,*

*This will make you warm and fuzzy inside if you appreciate the taming of
wild animals.*

*I read this story in the West Australian a few months ago with some still
pictures. *

*This is a true story about a fisherman in Costa Rica who found a crocodile
20 years ago, lying on the riverbank, almost dead from a bullet wound.*

*He slowly nursed it back to health and then returned it to the river and it
swam away.*

*Over the following months and years the crocodile returned and he was able
to pat it without it attacking him, much to the terror of his family.*

*One night he heard the crocodile in the river and snuck out of his house.
He approached the river and the crocodile slithered onto the bank and let
him pat it and scratch it.*

*Some nights later he again snuck down to the river and did the same again.
This time, the crocodile went back into the water but wouldn't leave. The
fisherman waded out and the crocodile let him roll him over and scratch his
belly and play with him. Since then, he has done it regularly at night and
during the day. *

*He has agreed to be filmed and photographed while playing with "Pocho" but
won't take any money because he does not want to exploit the crocodile but
he feels it will help people better understand crocodiles.*

*IGO*

*Subject:* a man's best friend