[BITList] A very special Christmas message

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 30 14:44:15 GMT 2010

Frank,

The poem on its own is good, moving in parts, but I can't say I like the comments at the end.  Right or wrong, they have nothing to do with the poem, which they have used as a vehicle for them. I'd say it's originally from the US.  Why can't they write their own poems?  I've attached a poem I copied from the Herald a few weeks back.  I can provide a translation if such is needed.  I think it deals with the reality of "being a soldier".