[BITList] European Union.

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Tue Nov 30 01:41:27 GMT 2010

Hugh,

On 30/11/2010, at 2:59 AM, HUGH wrote:

<< Glasgow humour from me ???  We in Port Glasgow got shot of rule from Glasgow in 1833, and some say we have gone downhill ever since. Barely five years after the divorce, we became bankrupt when the Wet Dock gates failed before the dock had time to do more than be advertised.  So no income was ever generated to meet the loan repayments, etc, etc.  So Glasgow had got rid of us in time.  When I worked for Kvaerner in Govan, I met many Glaswegians, all very nice people and no doubt kind to animals, but we didn't really speak the same language.  They differentiated between bacon and ham, and didn't know what slice is.  Many conversations started with, "Is that how you do it down the river?"  Not as bad as Edinburgh, where guests are greeted with, "You'll have had your tea?"  So they say, anyway.  >>

No matter where you go in the world there are 'cultural' differences.

Sydney - Melbourne, Townsville - Cairns...etc....