[BITList] no

s14engine s14engine at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 27 18:37:04 GMT 2010

hugh

not at all. on the contrary, orders do perc down from the top, in fact they don’t perc, they are specific orders sent every few hours. – BP has layers of people [known as teams] providing answers and demands for the guys offshore.
very few decisions are made offshore and none of importance.
and there certainly is a corporate culture – each co has a different one. just as every family is different.
I can assure you, quoting company culture in court  will go down big in court.

You mention. “A small group doing similar technical jobs in, say, an office, might have an inherited "culture" of sorts, but it will represent the prejudices of the immediate boss, or the recollections of the oldest inhabitant, and more senior staff will play no part in it.  The office idiots will toe the line and believe the mantra, "that's how we do it here" - I've heard it many a time myself - but I always made it clear I had my own way of doing things, and that was what they got, since I would be the one in court with a lawyer if it came to that, a fact many didn't realise, though I told them often”.

That small group approach don’t work in the oil/gas exploration industry.

ct