[BITList] weird.....

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 26 20:14:25 GMT 2010

Colin,

It's great how things advance.  When I attended my 2nd's Orals in Glasgow in 1958, I sat opposite Mr Slater, the Head Examiner, blue chin and crew cut. Had he asked me to state the likely consequences of a ruptured tube inside a boiler, I seriously doubt I would have said "a boil-water advisory".  Not with Mr Slater I wouldn't.  That, added to the too much waving of my hands that had gained a strange look and a deal of comment, might have caused him to sign a pink slip.  But he didn't.