[BITList] yer average jean-pierre

CT's x50type at cox.net
Thu Nov 25 22:17:51 GMT 2010

ron
you are just the person to give me your views and let me know how the homme ordinaire has benefited [or not] from membership in the EU.
as I mentioned, asking the ordinary man in Uk the same question, I received little clear response – just a vague look around the eyes and talk of wine!.
When asked about membership of EU politicians always trotted out high sounding gains, particularly for industry with it’s implication of more high paying jobs and exports galore.
I am more interested in what the average george [or jean-pierre or karl-heinz] gets that they would not have got without the EU!
I understand you opine it is a fantasy dreamt up by two major war losers to recapture their lost and vainglorious pride.
strange way of trying to achieve that!
I can’t imagine how rivals thought they could achieve that dream.
ct