[BITList] Please support - Starbucks vs British Royal Marines

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Mon Nov 22 11:15:51 GMT 2010

G'day David,

On 22/11/2010, at 4:37 PM, David Harvey wrote:

This made me angry. then I checked Snopes. Another hoax

Dave

Date: Wednesday, 1 September, 2010, 23:59

                                      Please support - Starbucks vs British Royal Marines

                                       Recently, British Royal Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they
                                      wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees, and to request
                                 that they send some of it to the troops there.
    Starbucks replied, telling the Royal Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks doe not support the war,
                                                           nor   anyone   in it, and that they would not send
                                                       the troops their brand of coffee.

                                          So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should support them by
                                                                        NOT
                                       buying any of their products!

                                        I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not  be very popular with some folks, but that
                                                                  doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground, fighting
                                                                                        street-to-street and, house-to-house.

                                                                                        If you feel the same as I do then pass this along.

                                                                   Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again
                                                                                                      when I deploy once more.

                                                                                      Sgt. Howard Wright,

                                                                    1 Platoon, Recon Company, Royal Marines

                                                       PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS... PLEASE PASS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR E-MAIL
                                                       LIST, IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE BEEN WOUNDED, LOST
                                                      LIMBS AND  DIED, SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE !

                                                                         Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit, the
                                                                      fire fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was
                                                                  close by for water for the survivors and workers, and Starbucks
                                                                                                                 CHARGED
                                                                                                                 THEM!!!

                                                                          AN ADDED NOTE
                                                                 STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON SEVERAL MILITARY BASES
                                                                 IN THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED

                                                                There are 227 Starbucks stores across the UK ,
                                                              and   our soldiers  got the same response from this company,
                                                                         so let us do our bit and
                                                                           boycott Starbucks to show
                                                 them how despicable their actions are.

                                                                                               Meg and Bob Fairclough

                                                                       Suzanne Holding MAPDT(00629)
                                                                                   10 Patterson Street,
                                                                                                 Denton,
                                                                                              Manchester,
                                                                                                     UK

                                                                                                  M34 3AL

                                                                 Tel. 0161 335 0232                                 Mobile 07740 300 246

BITList at lists.bcn.mythic-beasts.com

BITList at lists.bcn.mythic-beasts.com