[BITList] Please support - Starbucks vs British Royal Marines

FS franka at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 22 06:00:30 GMT 2010

    Date: Wednesday, 1 September, 2010, 23:59

    Please support - Starbucks vs British Royal Marines
                                            Recently, British Royal
    Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they
                                           wanted to let them know how
    much they liked their coffees, and to request
                                      that they send some of it to the
    troops there.
         Starbucks replied, telling the Royal Marines thank you for
    their support of their business, but that Starbucks doe not support
    the war,
                                                                nor
    anyone   in it, and that they would not send
                                                            the troops
    their brand of coffee.

                                               So as not to offend
    Starbucks, maybe we should support them by
    NOT
    buying any of their products!

                                             I feel we should get this
    out in the open. I know this war might not  be very popular with
    some folks, but that

    doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground, fighting
                                                                                             street-to-street and, house-to-house.

                                                                                             If you feel the same as I do then pass this along.

    Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again
                                                                                                           when I deploy once more.
                                                                                           Sgt. Howard Wright,

                                                                         1 Platoon, Recon Company, Royal Marines
                                                            PLEASE DON'T
    DELETE THIS... PLEASE PASS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR E-MAIL
                                                            LIST, IN
    MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE BEEN WOUNDED, LOST
                                                           LIMBS AND
    DIED, SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE !

                                                                              Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit, the
                                                                           fire fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was

    close by for water for the survivors and workers, and Starbucks
                                                                                                                      CHARGED
                                                                                                                      THEM!!!

    AN ADDED NOTE

    STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON SEVERAL MILITARY BASES
                                                                      IN
    THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED

    There are 227 Starbucks stores across the UK ,

      and   our soldiers  got the same response from this company,
                                                                              so let us do our bit and
    boycott Starbucks to show
    them how despicable their actions are.

                                                                                                    Meg and Bob Fairclough

                                                                            Suzanne Holding MAPDT(00629)
                                                                                        10 Patterson Street,
                                                                                                      Denton,
                                                                                                   Manchester,
                                                                                                          UK
                                                                                                       M34 3AL

      Tel. 0161 335 0232                                 Mobile 07740
    300 246