[BITList] Camilla can't become Queen because she's not legally married to Charles - Telegraph Blogs

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 20 16:38:30 GMT 2010

John,

All of this shite would have been avoided had they got married in Scotland, unless there's another clause that says otherwise.  In connection with an article I'm writing (not on divorce), I've done research into the history of divorce in Scotland, and one can't do that without picking up some notion of what makes it tick in England, Wales and Ireland.  Basically, divorce law in England and Wales hasn't come far out of the dark ages (though further than in Ireland), whereas in Scotland, both church and state were removed from the scenario at the Reformation.  Royalty should, as a matter of urgency, take a long look at which (if any) legal system they operate under.  There's no British, let alone a UK legal system.

Hugh.

Check  http://www.electricscotland.com/history/articles/review/review9.htm