[BITList] Wolfram Research intros Mathematica 8 | Business Center |Macworld

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 16 22:39:09 GMT 2010

Mike,

I was sort of half understanding it till I came to "translates it into
syntaxa breakthrough in usability".  I defy anyone to say what that means.

Using the bits that make some kind of sense, I get the impression the thing
is a system that (I think they say) will accept input in a form of human
language - as opposed to computer language such as C, Fortran, Pascal, etc -
and translate it into some "computer language". This will save having to
learn a computer language.  As computer languages save having to learn
machine code, it's more of the same, only more expensive.  Its input will
have to have a formal structure, so really it's just another computer
language.  Of course it might all mean something completely different.