[BITList] Drifting Camera: They That Are Left 2010

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 16 14:38:35 GMT 2010

John,

I noted the words "Burma Star" in one photo and looked out my late father's.  The badge in the photo is of the Burma Star Association - I once asked Dad why he hadn't joined it.  The gist of his reply was that he had had enough of Burma.  Having said which, I can't think on a single thing he ever joined voluntarily, other than a trades union.

My poppy having fallen off my lapel, I bought another.  The second, also having a wee adhesive bit,  didn't stay on long either, so I found one from last year and pinned it on.  The ex-serviceman I bought the first from in Glasgow apologised for the lack of anything resembling a pin - Health and Safety, he said, with a wry grin.  I saw something similar on a box of Christmas crackers, referring to legislation governing the sale of "explosives".