[BITList] A cheerful story

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 7 08:58:25 GMT 2010

A story of our times that cheered me up, as well as giving me pause for thought.

Granddaughter Sarah (slim, lightly built, coming on for 19) had left a club in Glasgow the other night along with a group of girlfriends from her college.  Sarah and an even more diminutive friend, a few yards in front of the rest of the group, were accosted by two men, early 20s, one of them over 6 feet, who called them sluts and whores then attacked them.  The men were not Asian nutcases, just local head bangers.  Sarah was punched in the face before she could do anything, but her tiny friend wrestled the 6 foot idiot to the ground and hammered into him.  A few seconds later, the rest of the girls arrived and the two miscreants got merry hell kicked out of them until a taxi stopped and the driver came out to rescue what he thought were the victims of gang warfare.  After reassessing the situation, he took all the girls home/to the railway station, as appropriate, free of charge. All of them now have pepper sprays.  I told Sarah a finger in each eye is often effective, then a swift kick where it hurts most.  Our son Andrew (6' 2") was threatened by a fool with a knife one evening.  Kicked him hard in the balls, he said, and went on my way.  Andrew's good-natured.