[BITList] Now you'll know.

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 3 08:57:26 GMT 2010

It's an interesting study.  I wore underwear last time I donned the kilt, a long, long time ago in the Boy Scouts. The video is really a study of the passers-by.  Two brief tales in illustration.  A man in the US, nationality irrelevant, entered a hotel wearing the kilt.  "Hoots mon the noo, what are ye wearing under yer kilt the noo, begorrah," (or some such knee jerk drivel) asked a lady, to peals of laughter from her friends, though not at the execrable faux Scotticisms.  "What are you wearing under yours?" he asked her.  She was offended.  Were honours even?  I don't think so, she threatened to call the police.  Sean Connery in a London hostelry was accosted by a joker - "Double o seven," he yelled, pulling up Connery's kilt, "More like double o three and a half."   Coonery floored him.  I daresay, when he got back to the vertical clutching his jaw, he felt aggrieved.