[BITList] 70th. Anniversary of Dunkirk Evacuation

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun May 30 08:59:07 BST 2010

Mike,

Maybe the LANCASTRIA is what is sometimes called "an inconvenient truth".
Perhaps they and such as they are saying of the dead, in retrospect - no
great mischief if they fell.  In this I slightly misquote a British general
at the siege of Quebec, referring to his Scots soldiers.  The young,
inexperienced, Americans who were slaughtered on Omaha beach during the
first D-day landings there, were scheduled to die in place of the more
experienced and hard to replace comrades who went in later.  Or am I getting
cynical?