[BITList] Birds do it, bees do it

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu May 27 11:30:53 BST 2010

John,

An interesting addition to the collection of biographies.

And it contains an instance of how different disciplines use the same words
differently.  I read that Henry Bell built the Comet steamship, whereas
standard histories of the vessel say John Wood built it for Henry Bell who
paid for it.  On the other hand, a lady in New Zealand once gave me evidence
her umpteenth great grandfather built it, along with the other shipwrights
and other trades employed by Wood in his Port Glasgow yard.