[BITList] Fwd: Prufrock & The Waste Land : Recited by T S Eliot

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Mon May 24 01:39:14 BST 2010

Are there any TS Eliot fans out there?

 Prufrock & The Waste Land : Recited by Eliot

Listen to his monologues in a lugubrious monotone. But I do like the way he reads out my favourite passages from the Waste Land :

1.There I saw one I knew, and stopped him, crying: 'Stetson!
'You who were with me in the ships at Mylae!
'That corpse you planted last year in your garden,
'Has it begun to sprout? Will it bloom this year?
'Or has the sudden frost disturbed its bed?

'O keep the Dog far hence, that's friend to men,
'Or with his nails he'll dig it up again!
'You! Hypocrite lecteur! - mon semblable, - mon frère!'
 (This from "the Burial of the Dead" at the end of the part)
2.  Who is the third who walks always beside you?
When I count, there are only you and I together
But when I look ahead up the white road

There is always another one walking beside you
Gliding wrapt in a brown mantle, hooded
I do not know whether a man or a woman
 - But who is that on the other side of you?
(This from "What the Thunder Said")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASMwMu3faUM (Prufrock)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tqK5zQlCDQ (The Waste Land : The Burial of the Dead)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMoZVfH8_sU&NR=1 (The Waste Land : A Game of Chess)