[BITList] aye, RIP - 705 IBC

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sat May 22 11:51:37 BST 2010

G'day Colin,

On 22/05/2010, at 12:10 AM, s14engine wrote:

> thankfully you are both ok - mazda not so good.
>I understand the fine, but what is the points system you have?

We'll be buying another Mazda! We like them.

Australia operates under on the spot fines for traffic infringements. Decided by the police at that time. You are able to go to court instead...Generally not worth it.

We also have a points system for driving licences. Everyone starts with 12 points.

You can lose points for speeding. I lost 3 points for not giving way to the right, plus the fine.

If you lose all 12 points then you lose your Dl for a period of time until you can get your licence back.

If you lose points for speeding and have no further speeding fines then after 24 months (I think), the points that you lost are given back to you.

If you require your DL for your job you can go to a court and ask for a special condition DL - say between the hours of 7.00 am and 6.00 pm.