[BITList] Fwd: the best ad ever?

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri May 14 23:28:11 BST 2010

Mike,

Just across Denmark's southernmost border with Germany is Flensburg, where the Danes used to go in busloads to shop for goodies unobtainable or scarce in Denmark.  Maybe Fleggard Holding A/S are a response to that.   I note the gummi bears, sort of jelly babies, our daughters used to love.  There was/is a supermarket technically in Germany, but not really, reached by ferry from various places in the Baltic.  The ferry we took from Faaborg bore hundreds of Danes in a shopping frenzy, filling multiple large trolleys before the ferry left on the return trip. This was Gelting Mole.  The real Germany could be seen a couple of miles away along the narrow spit on which the supermarket was built, but we didn't see anyone travel to it.  Despite any amount of cajoling, none of the German uniformed people would stamp our passports to show we'd been in Germany.  We bought a couple of bottles of wine and some sweets and stayed out of trhe way of the mad shoppers with large trolleys.