[BITList] YouTube - Bach Prelude

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed May 12 08:14:13 BST 2010

John,

That Bach Prelude sits nicely on the ukelele, and very well played.  The mandolin often features in music of that period, so the ukelele is not out of place.  I have a recording of John Williams, aged 15, flawlessly playing Paganini's Grand Sonata in A Major in front of an audience at Segovia's music school. I'd love a go on one of his guitars.  For me, Bach reaches the bits other music doesn't.  He goes through all the keys and modulations and back to the tonic.  My liking for modern jazz as a teenager, much to the horror of my friends, arose from listening to Bach.  Clarification - the horror was not at the Bach.