[BITList] TROVE - Australian Search Engine

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri May 7 14:25:12 BST 2010

John,

That's a brilliiant site, however, it requires work.  The newspaper stuff (I haven't yet gone deeply into the rest) has been scanned using OCR or equivalent, so the resultant text needs editing, and the registered users do it (voluntarily).  It's a small price to pay for such a wealth of information.  I'm ploughing my way through over 5,000 Vallance entries, finding a goodly number of interest to me.  Unfortunately, when I download the edited text to my computer, I get the unedited version.  Obviously I haven't read the instructions.