[BITList] Paint ball gun maintenance

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed May 5 08:55:05 BST 2010

John,

Why on earth would anyone want to be filmed while being an idiot?  This
notion is topical.  You may have seen that Neil Robertson won the World
Snooker Championship the other day, the first Australian to do so.  And
possibly also you noted the bizarre affair of John Higgins, current world No
1, and "the Russian Mafia".  Higgins and his manager were filmed in the
Ukraine, apparently discussing throwing games for a cash inducement. Also
apparently, Higgins said they feared for their lives, assuming they were
being pressured by the Mafiaski.

It came as no surprise to me when the News Of  The World were revealed as
the force behind all this.  What has surprised me is that nobody has so far
asked why the scenes were being filmed, by who/whom, and how the N of the W
got hold of them.  Some years back the same rag produced tape recordings of
an alleged "rent boy" something or other, involving at least two Church of
Scotland ministers.  The paper had arranged a "counselling" meeting between
a couple of youths working from a script and posing as those in need of
counselling.  One "suspect" in the Orkneys or Shetlands was proven to have
possessed a tee shirt with Big Boy printed on the front, so the police said
after investigating him - that was about the sum total of his guilt.  One,
possibly all, of the ministers resigned from the C of S in disgust at the
total lack of support they received from the church and colleagues - they
got plenty of support from their congregations.  And what was the outcome of
this investigative journalism?  Court case?  Prison sentences?  Bugger all
of the kind, just soiled reputations and a lot of papers sold.

News of The World?  Not my world - I wouldn't wipe my arse with it.