[BITList] BP Is Criticized Over Oil Spill, but U.S. Missed Chances to Act - NYTimes.com

CT's x50type at cox.net
Sat May 1 16:53:02 BST 2010

when BP [not the federal government] is spewing  oil all over the place, is it going to endear BP to anyone by saying the federal government had opportunities to move more quickly? - implying, it's not all our fault.........................eh!

sounds a teensy-weensy bit arrogant to me.................................

"review of the response suggests it may be too simplistic to place all the blame on the oil company. The federal government also had opportunities to move more quickly, but did not do so while it waited for a resolution to the spreading spill from BP, which was leasing the drilling rig that exploded."

ct