[BITList] Fwd: At it again!

Michael Feltham mail at mjfeltham.plus.com
Wed Mar 3 23:12:17 GMT 2010

Begin forwarded message:

From: B Howden
Date: 3 March 2010 23:04:04 GMT
To_n2 at sky.com>
Subject: Fwd: FW: At it again!

Amazing but true...

John Pugh is at it again.  THIS IS INCREDIBLE!  HIS ART TRICKS YOUR EYES.....

Artist John Pugh
 3D murals painted on the sides of buildings by
Trompe L'oeil (trick-of-the-eye) artist John Pugh

Main Street , Los Gatos , California . Even the woman peering into the ruin is part of the mural.

Taylor Hall, California State University , Chico , California . The Doric-style columns are actually nothing but paint.

Honolulu , Hawaii . This mural took two months of studio work to plan and another six months to execute with the help of 11 other artists. Featured are Queen Liliuokalani, the last monarch of the Hawaiian Islands , and Duke Kahanamoku, the ultimate father of surfing.

This mural at the Cafe Trompe L'oeil, San Jose , California , is entitled "Art Imitating Life Imitating Art Imitating Life".  This customer doesn't leave at closing time (she's part of the painting - hard to believe).

Twenty-nine Palms, California . "Valentine" the bull and a patient buzzard are waiting for the artist to awake (again - they are all part of the art)!

'Bay in a Bottle', Santa Cruz , California . The passer-by is part of the mural.

Looks like a nice spot to rest your weary feet on a sidewalk in front of the Sarasota County Health Center, Florida.

"Slowin' Down to Take a Look" in Winslow, Arizona . Included, of course, is "a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford slowin'down to take a look at me."