[BITList] (no subject)

KENNETH567 at aol.com KENNETH567 at aol.com
Wed Jun 30 10:59:25 BST 2010

Subject:  training manual

WISDOM  FROM TRAINING MANUALS

'If  the enemy is in range, so are you.'
- Infantry  Journal-

____________________________________

'It  is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just
bombed.'
- US.Air  Force Manual -

____________________________________

'Whoever  said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never
encountered automatic  weapons.'
-  General Mac Art hur -

____________________________________

'You,  you, and you ... Panic. The rest of you, come with me.'
- Infantry  Sgt.-

____________________________________

'Tracers  work both ways.'
- Army  Ordnance Manual-

____________________________________

'Five  second fuses last about three seconds.'
- Infantry  Journal -

____________________________________

The  three most useless things in aviation are: Fuel  in the bowser; Runway
behind you; and Air above you.
-Basic  Flight Training Manual-

____________________________________

'Any  ship can be a minesweeper. Once.'
-  Naval Ops Manual -

____________________________________

'Never  tell the Platoon Sergeant you have nothing to do.'
- Unknown  Infantry Recruit-

____________________________________

'If  you see a bomb technician running, try to keep up to him.'
- Infantry  Journal-

____________________________________

'Yea,  Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear
No  Evil.  For I  am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
-  Sign over SR71 Wing Ops-

____________________________________

'You've  never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3.'
-Paul  F. Crickmore (SR71 test pilot)-

____________________________________

'The  only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.'
-Unknown  Author-

____________________________________

'If  the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage it has to be a
helicopter --  and therefore, unsafe.'
- Fixed  Wing Pilot-

____________________________________

'When  one engine fails on a twin-engine airplane, you  always have enough
power left to get you to the scene of the  crash.'
-Multi-Engine  Training Manual-

____________________________________

'Without  ammunition, the Air Force is  just an expensive flying club.'
-Unknown  Author-

____________________________________

'If you hear me yell;"Eject, Eject, Eject!", the last two will be  echos.'
If you stop to ask "Why?", you'll be talking to yourself,  because by then
you'll be the pilot.'
-Pre-flight  Briefing from a Canadian F104 Pilot-

____________________________________

'What  is the similarity between air traffic controllers and pilots?
If a  pilot screws up, the pilot dies; but If  ATC screws up, .... the
pilot dies.'
-Sign  over Control Tower Door-

____________________________________

'Never  trade luck for skill.'
-Author  Unknown-

____________________________________

The  three most common expressions (or famous last words) in  military
aviation are:'Did you feel that?' 'What's  that noise?' and'Oh  S...!'
-Authors  Unknown-

____________________________________

'Airspeed,  altitude and brains. Two  are always needed to successfully
complete the flight.'
-Basic  Flight Training Manual-

____________________________________

'Flying  the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a
person on the ground incapable of understanding or  doing anything about it.'
- Emergency  Checklist-

____________________________________

'The  Piper Cub is the safest airplane in the world;  it  can just barely
kill you.'
- Attributed  to Max Stanley (Northrop test pilot) -

____________________________________

'There  is no reason to fly through a thunderstorm in peacetime.'
-Sign  over Squadron Ops Desk at Davis-Montham AFB, AZ-

'You  know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power
to taxi to  the terminal.' -  Lead-in Fighter Training Manual -

As  the test pilot climbs out of the experimental aircraft,
having  torn off the wings and tail in the crash landing, the crash truck
arrives.

The rescuer sees the bloodied pilot and asks,'What  happened?'
The  pilot's reply: 'I don't know, I just got here myself