[BITList] Fwd: [BIship] Forgotten Fleets - The Inchcape Group

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sun Jun 27 14:21:30 BST 2010

G'day Mike,

On 23/06/2010, at 4:37 PM, Michael Feltham wrote:

> From the other group

Perhaps SKS will scan it into a PDF file?

Begin forwarded message:

From: "ralphr10"
Date: 23 June 2010 04:50:19 GMT+01:00

Subject: [BIship] Forgotten Fleets - The Inchcape Group

I have just finished reading a fascinating article titled "The Inchcape Group" under the heading "Forgotten Fleets" in the magazine SHIPPING - Today & Yesterday April 2010, written by Mark Rowbotham & Richard Martin. They had the advice of Captain Rodger MacDonald, and it would appear that both Richard Martin & Rodger MacDonald sailed with the BI.
The title is decorated with the BI funnel on the left and the BI flag on the right and is illustrated with several photographs of BI vessels -Rajula, Garbeta, Devonia, Chakla, Karanja, Dunera, Kenya, Uganda & Nevasa. It is really a history of the BI and well worth a read.
One quote, and they are writing of the Inchcape Group -" Its name is also associated with one of the proudest and most prominent names in British Shipping, the British India Steam Navigation Company (BI)"

Thought the membership would enjoy the article as much as I did.

Salaams,
Ralph Rhodes

Messages in this topic (1)
RECENT ACTIVITY: