[BITList] Off Topic - No More Eggs by the Dozen: EU Micromanages British Sales «

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 27 09:26:37 BST 2010

Colin,

It looks to me like more of the same from the US right, ever vigilant for ammunition to further their cause.  We don't buy supermarket rolls in packs of six - Jim, the Pakistani who owns the bakery, puts 4, 5 or 6 in a bag with a pair of tongs according to what is asked for, and he doesn't look up the EU regulations first.  The local Coop has a bin full of rolls with tongs hanging on a string - self-service ditto.  All the local bakeries sell rolls individually.  And eggs come either in packs of 6, 12, or singly as required.  Hens lay them singly, EU notwithstanding.