[BITList] And you broke your collarbone, how ?

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sun Jun 27 04:15:43 BST 2010

G'day Hugh,

On 27/06/2010, at 7:31 AM, HUGH wrote:

<< My wife's stepbrother married the daughter of Hans, a German.  Hans had been
a POW here and he'd never gone back home unless on holiday - he married a
local girl.  He was a toolmaker by trade, and he worked on farms here until
his toolmaker credentials were sent over from Germany after WW2.  At his
funeral a couple of years ago, the minister said of him that he kept his
clothes neatly folded on top of the drawers in his bedroom.  The tools, etc,
all shiny, were kept in the drawers. >>

A friend of mine living near Bunbury, Western Australia, has a German friend of advancing years.

My friend bought two Volkswagon Golfs for the use of the family.

Herr. Schmidt arrived and asked to see them.

My friend said that that German cars were excellent.

Herr. Schmidt harrumphed, "these cars are crap. Not German, made in South Africa!"