[BITList] NEW IMMIGRATION LAWS

David Harvey dhbison at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 08:13:08 BST 2010

Not the case in Malaysia where they are actively
encouraging foreign retirees to buy and live and I can buy a residence on
the Malacca River. In Phuket my son lives in a house rented from an
Englishman. In Indonesia a foreigner can buy strata titled property (in a
high rise) but cannot buy land. I don't think those laws apply in Turkey. In
Indonesia a lady who was the wife of our German born Agent (Timor Oil)
wanted me to go into partnership with a shipping company - local cargo
carrying sailing vessels- and I was sorely tempted, the figures stacked up.
Not all Muslim countries have such laws, probably not in Egypt either.

Dave