[BITList] Deepwater Drill Crews Are not the issue

FS franka at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 28 15:31:29 BST 2010

*Subject:* Fw: Deepwater Drill Crews Are not the issue

> [...]
     > operations when someone is hurt.  We perform safety stand downs to
     > prove our work can continue forward safely. We pre task each
    operation
     > to ensure safety.  We observe each other as a natural part of our
    work
     > to keep each other safe. Government does not keep me or my workmates
     > safe we do it because we care about each other. We know what a wife
     > goes through when a husband is lost. We have raised children of lost
     > work mates. We are brothers. We are Teams of men that provide oil
    and
     > gas to America .
     >
     > Oil field workers hear the garbage of those who donâ??t have a
    clue what
     > our families deal with each day. When we miss the first steps of our
     > children do you care? When we leave women to take care of a
    household
     > by their selves do you care? Our loved ones die and we are on a rig
     > hundreds of mi les away do you care? Hurricanes enter the gulf
    and we
     > are stuck offshore do you care? When we see friends burn to death do
     > you care? When we are clear that a company has killed our fellow
     > workers do you care?
     > Environmentalists, Politicians and Corporate fat cats have never
     > produced one single barrel of oil. You regulate my labor. You tax my
     > labor. You steal the blood of good men  Standards for my labor
    require
     > me to pass test (urine test, breath test, HUET) before I am
    allowed on
     > the job site. Yet you give my dollars to those who are never tested.
     > You feed America our bloods labor.  What can any of you produce
    that is
     > of value to this nation? Each of you is a parasite on the backs of
     > Americans and workers. You fly around the globe on jets fueled by
    our
     > labor. You drive your armed motorcades on fuel that we provide
     > you.  Your natural gas heaters are fueled with our blood. When
    you talk
     > about alternative energy you slap our face for all we have given
    you.
     > You are Al Gore whining pigs at a plastic trough that we provided
    you.
     > You are Hollywood millionaires that donâ??t provide anything of
    value.
     > Scream about clean energy while driving and flying around the globe.
     > Each person in government that allowed the President to shut down
     > Ultra-Deepwater Exploration failed working men in women. B.P. will
     > never meet the needs of our families. Lawyers with law firms will
    turn
     > this case into a class action law suit that will line their
     > pockets.  Blood money paid for by Oil Workers. We have just given 11
     > brothers to the effort of providing a nation with oil and gas.
     > Politicians now repay us with unemployment. I am a proud American
    Oil
     > Worker. I am not proud of the thieves that are destructing the
    American
     > Oil Workers way of life. Shame on Politicians and those you work
    with.
     > When you shut down our work you only bring pain to the
    innocent.  You
     > need to understand we are not union workers with a hand out. We have
     > invented and built an industry that provides America with tools for
     > independence. Oil Workers understand pain, we learn from every
    mistake
     > that spills a drop of our blood. When you hurt one of us; we will
    bring
     > pain to your political dream world.  Wake up Washington when you
    shut
     > down our rigs you solve nothing. You are creating a burden on hard
     > working men and women. We will not allow your destruction of our
    work
     > efforts.  Your lies about caring for our safety are wasted words. We
     > know more about safety then the corporate giant B.P.  Your efforts
     > should be to control B.P. and their created oil spill.  While
    America
     > screams at the environmental cost, remember your liability.  Not one
     > Oil Worker gave B.P. permission to drill. Not one Oil Worker
    overlooked
     > the B.P. failures of the past. The men on the Deepwater Horizon knew
     > something was wrong. Failed negative test were a clear indication
    that
     > the drilling fluid should not be displaced.  B.P. knew they
    failed to
     > bump their cement plug on the casing cement job.  It should be
     > investigated how much they over displaced the cement. B.P. made the
     > decision not run a cement bond log. Each of you must look at real
    facts
     > Blow Out Preventers are well named; they are not Blow Out
     > Stoppers.  Follow safety practices that donâ??t allow blow-outs.
    B.P.
     > allowed this blow-out to take place.
     > Stopping the blow out in deep water is the les son we are all
    watching.
     > How did B.P. fail to turn back with key indications that the well
    was
     > flowing?  All the signs were given; concerns were raised by
    members of
     > the Horizon crews. B.P. acted with an arrogant disregard for
    human life
     > and safety.  B.P. deserves punishment for their disregard. We have
     > already started implementing testing to verify we will not have
    another
     > Horizon incident. We have cried at the loss of our brothers.
    Shame is
     > not ours. America may hate us and what we do; because we are
    painted as
     > bad men. After 20 years of success the speculation that we are
    men with
     > no concern for our environment is out of line.  We are not the
     > millionaire C.E.O.â??s that we work for. We are men with families
    that
     > trust us to earn a living at a dangerous job. Each hitch offshore we
     > work to return all crew members to their loved ones.  Every man that
     > does this work cares about his nation. Your failure to allow us
    to make
     > America energy independent is recorded for history to judge. You
    have
     > sold out your nation; not the Ultra-Deepwater Drill Crews.
     > Trust that we will not stand-by idle as you destroy our work. We are
     > not some union wimps that rely on government assistance. You keep us
     > out of work for 6 months; watch the power that will join the Tea
    Party
     > Movement. We are men that shaped and built this industry with
    blood and
     > sweat. We will engineer a massive shut down of your permit to wreck
     > lives. Someone should investigate who is making profit on this
    spill.
     > Check the ties to the Obama Administration. One word- NALCO
     > Milton Estabrooks
     > 05/29/2010
     > 06/09/10 13:35:00

     > Vous voulez protéger votre vie privée ? La solution avec Internet
     > Explorer 8

     > Get a free e-mail account with Hotmail. Sign-up now.

     > Your Photo on Bing.ca <http://bing.ca/>: You Could WIN on Canada
    Day! Submit a Photo Now!

     > Your Photo on Bing.ca: You Could WIN on Canada Day! Submit a
    Photo Now!

    Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from
    your inbox. Learn more.
    <http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_1>

    <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>.

    Do you have a slow PC?