[BITList] crown

CT's x50type at cox.net
Sun Jul 25 13:58:57 BST 2010

john
I have been trying to find info on crown radio corp., japan but found little or nothing. it had something to do with asahi manufacturing co - can't even find out where they were.
this crown radio is on ebay - looks in nice condition - may be like the one Michael gave you . Item number:160459882621
and much cheaper than the joke $695 for the $5 sony radio. I have noticed some of the sellers on ebay have crazy prices and often crazy descriptions.
a seller in australia has a pos described as an antique 18th century ships mantle clock [it was working, the key is inside but I can't open the back and don't want to damage it]. photos show the back is plywood. I mentioned to him - 18th century ships were unlikely to have mantle pieces and there was probably no plywood around at that time. he said ok - but still has it up for $599, buy it now! from the style and crappy look of the clock it looks typical poorly made soviet junk.
another is used quartz ship's chronometer by patek in box but described as a mantle clock!.  clearly stated is that it IS NOT WORKING. Buy it now -- $3999..........................................!
colin t