[BITList] Fwd: [vsdh] FW: Avertable Catastrophe ....

s14engine s14engine at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 25 01:34:03 BST 2010

yanks - bunch of know-all yahoos......................

unlike the U.S., Europe has robust fleets of Oil Spill Response Vessels that sail circles around their make-shift U.S. counterparts.

a robust fleet of oil spill response vessels, who is going to pay for them? they don't make money - there is no PROFIT. ergo - not necessary.

And rather than have experienced Dutch crews immediately operate the oil-skimming equipment, to appease labour unions the U.S. postponed the clean-up operation to allow U.S. crews to be trained

To me, this is suspect. there are NO UNIONS allowed in the US offshore oil industry. Unions only make problems and reduce PROFIT. The oil skimming vessel "Whale" from Taiwan was tried but the oil was dispersed too much. No US unions involved/concerned.

ct