[BITList] cameron

CT's x50type at cox.net
Mon Jul 19 03:18:40 BST 2010

yo frank

I note you worked in Iran for 15 years - bloody impressive.
your well-head man [from Leeds] may originally have worked for Cameron in Leeds, I see they bought British Oil Field Equipment Company of London and Leeds in 1954.

the web says..................
Cameron has been manufacturing products in Leeds for over 50 years, and has become the pre-eminent European manufacturing facility for pressure-containing oilfield equipment.

The Leeds plant started life as the British Oilfield Equipment Company, better known as BOFEC, manufacturing Cameron equipment under license. Cameron subsequently purchased BOFEC and built a new factory in Stourton, Leeds.

not being intimately connected with the oil exploration business, I was very surprised to hear Yorkshire men when I was in, of all places, Malabo, equatorial guinea - off loading something or other. I was even more surprised when I was told they worked for Cameron in Leeds, UK and that Cameron had been there since the 50"s!. in the 1950's who ever had heard of north sea oil and gas?
anyway, appreciate the info.

colin t