[BITList] The 15 Things You Must Know to Survive the Fall of America

CT's x50type at cox.net
Fri Jul 16 22:22:11 BST 2010

I think I have seen this before, maybe I have already sent it out .............................

but with the American predilection for conspicuous ostentatious-ness, I strongly doubt many will agree to the recommendation to "Dress poorly. Allow the exterior of your house to look rundown. Keep your “bling” out of sight while in your neighborhood".

for only $79.99 one can buy the CD's and be fore-armed

anyway, I am going to become an angry mob...........................

ct

PS    Beware the desperate citizen with nothing to lose!

                        Gary’s Note: Sometimes the best defense is simply a really good defense. Part of being prepared for the Fall of America is having a good defense ready. Below Jimmie Rivers gives recommendations that are too helpful for you not to read.

                        Whiskey & Gunpowder
                        By Jimmie Rivers
                        July 16, 2010
                        Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.

                        The 15 Things You Must Know
                        to Survive the Fall of America
                        “Must Do” #11: Home Sweet Home

                        Turning your home into your castle. Moat optional.

                        There’s an old saying, “A man’s home is his castle.” In one sense, this was used to denote that you could do anything you wanted within the walls of your home. In another sense, it implies that a man’s home is his fortification, his stronghold against outside forces. It is the latter we wish to examine today.

                        That we are headed for desperate times ahead is becoming clearer and clearer. In desperate times, desperate people do desperate things. This means — as we pointed out a few weeks ago — that you need to strive to be as self-sufficient as possible. It also means, that you need to think in terms of defending yourself from desperate people who want what you have and are willing to use any means to grab it.

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Advertisement~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                        “Secure your personals, secure your doors. Be an actor, look poor.”

                        One of the 150 actionable tips contained in “The Fall of America and the Western World.”

                        Personally I worry far less about black helicopters, UN troops, detention camps or the police than I do from the desperate citizen with nothing to lose. Even if you don’t agree with me, the odds of you being able to withstand an attack from the forces of the NWO are not good, so you might as well lend your efforts to staving off attacks from packs of angry mobs.

                        I’m not advocating building a moat around your home, in fact I would advise against it for the simple reason that a home with a moat around it might as well have a neon billboard advertising there’s stuff inside worth stealing.

                        My approach is akin to getting off the grid. While most people associate getting off the grid with becoming as invisible as possible with the government, it the terms I’m using today it’s to make yourself as unattractive, as worthless of a target as possible to someone looking to plunder. I also recommend backing it up with a healthy dose of pragmatism that we’ll be getting to shortly.

                        In practical terms this means don’t be driving a fancy car. For God’s sake, if you have a Bentley make sure you keep it garaged. Dress poorly. Allow the exterior of your house to look rundown. Keep your “bling” out of sight while in your neighborhood. Don’t let anyone get the idea that you are well off. If you’ve taken our advice and have started to grow your own food, make sure it’s away from prying eyes. In other words, by action and by look, make sure you don’t invite a second glance. In this your role model should be the homeless — our country’s invisible citizens. This doesn’t mean you have to live poorly or do without, just make sure you enjoy your luxuries behind closed doors.

                        In pragmatic terms there are numerous things you can do. Walls and moats are expensive undertakings and just serve notice that behind them are things worth stealing. A more practical approach that won’t invite a second glance is to grow a thorny hedge around your property. Your choice of plants will be dictated by where you live, and of course, if you live in an apartment, this option is not available to you. For those of you to whom a thorny hedge does apply, the Silverthorn seems to be a great choice.

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Advertisement~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                        “The Fall of America and the Western World” is a nine disc, eight hour collection of information, advice and voices from the left, the right, and the center to give you the facts about what is happening to your world.

                        This DVD box set gives you the truth the mainstream media refuses to give you. Information you will need to survive in 2010, 2011, 2012 and beyond. Information, including over 150 actionable tips to prepare you and your family for the coming Greater Depression. The above article made use of several of these tips from the film.

                        Featuring Joseph Farah, Naomi Wolf, Doug Casey, Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, Professor Mark Crispin Miller, Alex Jones, David Icke, Mickey Z, David McAlvany, Doug McIntyre, G. Edward Griffin and Ken Klein.

                        Per The Fall of America and the Western World‘s advice, invest in some good locks. In the riotous 60s and 70s the Police Lock proved to be a best value for your front and back doors. There are numerous manufacturers and models to choose from. Similar advice applies to securing your car. Some of my friends have gone as far as installing cutout switches that make it impossible to start your car unless this hidden switch is closed.

                        Dogs are not only man’s best friend, certain breeds make for incredible security. With proper training these canines can be a virtually invincible security force at a minimal cost.

                        Another cornerstone in security operations is video surveillance. There are many inexpensive units out there that will work in low light situations, are remotely controllable for pan, tilt and zoom, and can be viewed via the internet or TV.

                        Finally, a word about munitions. I certainly won’t try and stop you, the reader of Whiskey & Gunpowder, from arming yourself as you see fit. But I will suggest, however humbly, that guns are like lawyers. It’s best to avoid situations where you need either one of them. You can do this by following the preceding suggestions and avoiding situations that are obvious trouble.

                        There’s a vast difference between being paranoid and being prepared. Make sure you understand the difference and you can remain secure and still enjoy life.

                        Regards,
                        Jimmie Rivers

                        Coming Next Week... Must Do #10: Getting Off the Grid

                        More ways to be self-sufficient and thus self-reliant.

                          One Famous Expert Warns, "There Will Be Panic"

                          The 10 Shocking Reasons for China's Pollution Problem

                          Geothermal Energy: Investment in the Future

                          What Is Deflation?

                          Investing in Exchange Traded Funds

                          The Real Story Behind the True Gold Bull Market

                       Become a Facebook Fan of Whiskey & Gunpowder, here.
                       Follow the Whiskey & Gunpowder on Twitter, here.

            Whiskey & Gunpowder, a free e-letter, is the independednt investor's daily guide to gold, commodities, profits and freedom. We sent this e-mail to rsutt2 at mindspring.com because you or someone using your e-mail address subscribed to this service.

            Are you having trouble receiving your Whiskey? You can ensure its arrival in your mailbox by: Whitelisting Whiskey & Gunpowder.

            Nothing in this e-mail should be considered personalized investment advice. Although our employees may answer your general customer service questions, they are not licensed under securities laws to address your particular investment situation. No communication by our employees to you should be deemed as personalized investment advice. We expressly forbid our writers from having a financial interest in any security recommended to our readers. All of our employees and agents must wait 24 hours after on-line publication or 72 hours after the mailing of a printed-only publication prior to following an initial recommendation. Any investments recommended in this letter should be made only after consulting with your investment advisor and only after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

            © 2010 Agora Financial, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Protected by copyright laws of the United States and international treaties. This newsletter may only be used pursuant to the subscription agreement and any reproduction, copying, or redistribution (electronic or otherwise, including on the World Wide Web), in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of Agora Financial, LLC. 808 Saint Paul Street, Baltimore MD 21202