[BITList] National census to be axed after 200 years - Telegraph

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 11 10:48:17 BST 2010

John,

April 1st is the only date on their calendar.  These proposals/decisions are made by Johnny-come-latelys who lack a clear notion of what they're talking about.  They do nothing but look for things to change/ban. And I suspect the census as it stands doesn't offer sufficient employment for assistant/senior/deputy/head/executive coordinating applications research facilitators of the kind that would flourish around their plans to get the same information from other sources.  I read :

"Instead, the Government is examining different and cheaper ways to count the population more regularly, using existing public and private databases, including credit reference agencies. It will represent a historic shift in the way that information about the nation's population, religion and social habits is gathered."

I note the use of the word "historic" - a historic shift indeed, insamuch as it will be a shift from history to shite.  Public and private databases?  What are these?  Credit reference agencies?  If anything about me appears in one such, it will be over 30 years out of date, it will say nothing about me beyond what I earned, and it will say nothing about my wife and family, my religion, and my social habits (whatever the %$&^ these are !!).

A pox on them.