[BITList] Fwd: [bep] Medals Campaign

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Mon Jul 5 07:44:08 BST 2010

Have you got any medals?

Begin forwarded message:

From: James Nelson <rainbowfarmau at yahoo.com.au>
Date: 5 July 2010 3:21:19 PM AEST
To: bep at yahoo <bep at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [bep] Medals Campaign

You are invited to take part in a campaign to express your dissatisfaction with the pension freezing regime.

For details, log on to http://www.britishpensions.org.au/medals.htm

Here are (edited) instructions from Jim Tilley, who is coordinating the campaign.

James

We are now ready to start collecting as many photographs and medal counts as we can to prepare an album, to meet the requirements of the Consortium medal campaign.

This idea originated with an offer by John Crowley to present his own medals at an event to be organised in London but although his suggestion was praised, too many members were reluctant to part with their  medals. Alternative suggestions have been discussed over the past few weeks and eventually it was agreed that there would be a presentation to an HRH, of an album of suitable photos. We would have Champollion organise this event if at all possible. It has become a key item in our strategy to gain publicity and for the hearts and minds of the general public especially in the UK.

I have attached (not attached - see website instead) an example photo + words of Petty Officer Jim Seager OAM, which meets our needs. It has been passed by John Markham who agrees it as suitable and a collection of these will be used to prepare the brochures and an album by a company here in Australia called Pagination Design Services Pty Ltd,  run by Stephen Davey. This company has been  identified as one which has the necessary expertise help us in this project.

When you have the photographs and words. i.e medals won and campaigns served, as well as your views on the freezing of your pension please either;
send them electronically to Stephen Davey of Pagination smd at pagination.com.au . He asks if they might send the photos separately from the words, which will enable him to work more easily to prepare a better quality presentation.
Alternatively if members cannot send their photos electronically I am prepared to receive them at my home, then scan copy them with the words to on-send them to Stephen Davey.  My home address is  3 Albatross Circuit, Woronora Heights NSW 2233 Australia.
Or better still, you may send the photos etc by snail mail to Stephen Davey with necessary written details to; Pagination Design Services Pty Ltd, PO Box 7160, Geelong West 3218, Victoria, Australia.
Any questions to me please jimtilley at bigpond.com  or by phone + 61 2 95217964

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic (1)
RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 1
Visit Your Group
A frozen pension is a stolen pension.

http://www.pension-parity-uk.com/
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

Get real-time World Cup coverage on the Yahoo! Toolbar. Download now to win a signed team jersey!

.