[BITList] Fwd: Mythic Beasts launch RAID Mac Mini Servers

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 08:48:14 GMT 2010

This is the site that 'hosts' our Email List.

ooroo

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mythic Beasts <support at mythic-beasts.com>
Date: 29 January 2010 5:17:48 AM
To: wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Subject: Mythic Beasts launch RAID Mac Mini Servers

In 2006, Mythic Beasts launched a range of dedicated servers delivered
using Apple's Mac Mini hardware running Linux or Mac OS X.  The low
power consumption of these machines provided an innovative way around
the rapidly rising cost of power in London data centres.

After three years, Apple have come round to our way of thinking and have
recognised the incredible potential of these machines as servers by
introducing a server version of the Mac Mini.  Equipped with two hard
disks, the new Mac Mini enables us to provide the redundancy and
reliability of a RAID server at a fraction of the cost normally
associated with this specification.

Apple also throw in a copy of Snow Leopard Server, so for the first time
we're able to offer the Server version of Mac OS X as an alternative to
Linux at no additional cost.

Our range of dedicated servers provide an affordable way to get the
flexibility, security and guaranteed performance of a dedicated server
and are ideal for sites with demanding dynamic content.

For high bandwidth applications, our servers in our London are directly
connected to our multi-gigabit backbone network.

For more information on our dedicated servers, please visit:

    http://www.mythic-beasts.com/dedicated.html

Mythic Beasts Ltd.