[BITList] FA-18 fighter

fs franka at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 18 23:05:04 GMT 2010

Ron,
something along the same lines
one night just after moving location we were approached by a Qatar
patrol ship who informed us that we were in Qatar waters without
permission and that we had to leave immediately to which we replied that
we were jacked up and drilling ahead and as we had no propulsion were
unable to move, they then reiterated their command for us to leave as we
had no right to be in these waters as they were Qatar territory, I then
replied that we were in fact 2 miles inside Iranian waters and it was
themselves who were trespassing, the reply to this was thank you for
your assistance and to have a good evening sir, all said with a very
English accent
frank