[BITList] FA-18 fighter

Ronald Thomas thomas.ronald at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 18 15:45:48 GMT 2010

Sent: Monday, January 18, 2010 2:01 PM
Subject: FW: FA-18 fighter

This conversation was overheard on the VHF Guard (emergency) frequency 121.5 MHz while flying from Europe to Dubai.

The conversation went like this...
Iranian Air Defence Radar: 'Unknown aircraft you are in Iranian airspace. Identify yourself.'
Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace.'
Air Defence Radar: 'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace we will launch interceptor aircraft!'
Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter. Send 'em up, I'll wait!'
Air Defence Radar: (no response ... total silence-