[BITList] AVIATION WISDOM

CT's x50type at cox.net
Thu Jan 14 14:52:29 GMT 2010

AVIATION WISDOM

                         'It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed.'

                        - US. Air Force Manual -

                         The three most useless things in aviation are:

                        Fuel in the bowser;

                        Runway behind you;

                        and Air above you.

                        -Basic Flight Training Manual-

                         'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death,

                        I Shall Fear No Evil.  For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

                        - Sign over SR71 Wing Ops-

                         'You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3.'

                         -Paul F. Crickmore - SR71 test pilot-

                         'The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.'

                        -Unknown Author-

                         'If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage

                        it has to be a helicopter – and therefore, unsafe.'

                        - Fixed Wing Pilot-

                         'When one engine fails on a twin-engine airplane,

                        you always have enough power left to get you to the scene of the crash.'

                        -Multi-Engine Training Manual-

                         'Without ammunition, the USAF is just an expensive flying club.'

                        -Unknown Author-

                         'If you hear me yell;"Eject, Eject, Eject!", the last two will be echos.'

                        If you stop to ask "Why?", you'll be talking to yourself, because you're the pilot.'

                        -Pre-flight Briefing from a F 104 Pilot-

                         'What is the similarity between air traffic controllers and pilots?

                        If a pilot screws up, the pilot dies;

                        But If ATC screws up, .... the pilot dies.'

                        -Sign over Control Tower Door-

                         'Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight.'

                         -Basic Flight Training Manual-

                         'Mankind has a perfect record in aviation - we have never left one up there!'

                        - Unknown Author -

                         'Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it.'

                        - Emergency Checklist-

                         'The Piper Cub is the safest airplane in the world;

                        it can just barely kill you.'

                         Attributed to Max Stanley  Northrop test pilot -

                         'There is no reason to fly through a thunderstorm in peacetime.'

                        -Sign over Squadron Ops Desk at Davis-Montham AFB, AZ-

                         'If something hasn't broken on your helicopter, it's about to.'

                        - Sign over Carrier Group Operations Desk-

                         'You know that your landing gear is up and locked

                        when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal.'

                        - Lead-in Fighter Training Manual -

                          As the test pilot climbs out of the experimental aircraft, having torn off the wings and tail in the crash landing, the crash truck arrives. The rescuer sees a bloodied pilot and asks,'What happened?' The pilot's reply: 'I don't know, I just got here myself!'

                        Remember: There are more airplanes in the sea, then submarines in the air.