[BITList] expats

FS franka at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 13 06:24:09 GMT 2010

I know the americans are pretty hard to work with but then arnt we all
its been my experience that untill someone has spent at lest 5 years
wandering around the world till the point of being stateless is reached,
that most nationality's are pretty hard to put up with when they first
arrive out from their home countries, but most once they have had the
corners rubbed off settle in ok, its a different story though when they
are in the majority in a limited space I have on occasions found myself
as the only non american with a crew of our southern friends, even then
though one is finally excepted, never reaching the inner circle but non
the less respected.
when working out of the states I found them some of the most hospitable
people in the world on their home territory whereas the french I found
hard to work with both abroad and on their home territory.
 From being a person growing up in wartime england and learning to make
do and repair everything to the nth degree the yanks taught me to think
big which was ok when it was their money I was spending but didn't carry
over to well when applied to ones personal finances so while spending
millions at work was ok telling the local garage that you didnt care
what it cost just fix it was not such a great idea
frank