[BITList] Drillship stuff

fs franka at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 11 22:38:52 GMT 2010

On a couple of the drill ships that I was on we had Flume tanks to give
us extra stability which I seem to remember had mixed blessings in the
hands of some of the lesser experienced operators
I joined the "Ben Ocean Lancer" in Singapore around 86 while she was
refitting, never sailed on her though as when I went home on leave I was
offered a job on a production Platform offshore Spain which sounded much
better than New Guinea where the lancer was heading, turned out to be
another of my mistakes as she went from there to Greece for a couple
years whereas the job in Spain finished up after a year, story of my
life if there's a choice to be made I can always be relied on to make
the wrong one
frank