[BITList] Military Deluged in Drone Intelligence - NYTimes.com

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 11 22:48:36 GMT 2010

Mike,

I am reminded of an Australian short story I read years ago, called The (or A) List of All People, in which a couple of youngsters set out to list everybody who is alive.  Another that comes to mind is The Fruit At The Bottom of The Bowl, I think by Isaac Asimov.  A neurotic man sets out to polish the fruit in a bowl, and he can never be convinced there isn't an unpolished bit somewhere, either left untouched, or made unpolished again by a touch.  The fruit at the bottom is where he never gets to.  We are in the hands of loonies.