[BITList] A letter From America. A perfect description of Brown's Britain « The Tory Aardvark's Blog

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 6 20:37:00 GMT 2010

Been around a while, this thing, and most of it is true.  Back in the 80s, when I was with Kincaid in Greenock, the chap who had oversight of the First Aid cabinet kept Aspirin in his drawer, it being against "the rules" to have it in the cabinet. The heating in our church hall runs very poorly, the radiators all being airlocked.  Bleed them, I hear someone say, and that's what we we intended doing after the header tank ran dry one day and the whole system airlocked.  We managed the church system, but couldn't do the hall.  The radiators there are heavily guarded by wooden surrounds and wire mesh in case any heat gets out - actually, that should read, in case some child gets burned on a radiator.  I was not allowed to remove the surrounds to do the bleeding job, in case some child got burned on a radiator.  Until then, I supervised the heating.  People using the hall in this freezing weather are doubtless consoled in their shivering by the vision of some child not getting burned on an effing radiator.  I know I am.