[BITList] not more dara

CT's x50type at cox.net
Tue Jan 5 18:01:47 GMT 2010

hugh/frank/robbo, etc

yes, although it was >51 years ago - I remember now, 4eo smith's name was not mike, it was charlie. charlie smith from aberdeen.

I recall also the dara good food and wine tasting society; (not that there was much of either-but idle hands)
after my watch (at midnight), me, the junior on my watch [in our uniforms] and the 3rd mate would meet in the bar and drink whatever.
if the bar man was there, we would get the wine/drinks list and have him make us 2 or 3 different ones each night, making our way from the top to bottom of the list.
we didn't drink any wine and I'm not sure if there was any available. I don't recall who the 3o was, but I recall his drink of choice was cherry heering. he would bring his own bottle and imbibe.
we didn't have our own bottle - because it was a tasting society!

anyone have similar drinking experiences?