[BITList] Beauty of mathematics

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 26 09:00:33 GMT 2010

John,

These striking arithmetical results are often at the root of mind tricks,
much disguised by mumbo jumbo.

I am presently struggling with a small group in our church who are
themselves struggling with the necessity to resolve a problem with one of
the three heating boilers.  Their main problem is that (a) they haven't a
clue about boilers (one of them thinks they are made of wood), and (b) they
are deaf to my advice.  A gem of advice proffered by one of them the other
day is that some modern boilers are 150% efficient, and we should buy one.
He got that from an expert.  So I'll have another look at your pps show to
see how to get 150% efficiency.