[BITList] Fwd: The Fifties

s14engine s14engine at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:41:04 GMT 2010

hugh

yes, I remember the films and the music too.
according to my ex-wife, the usa was some-what like shown on the movies. booby sox and pony tails were all the rage and there really were no small cars to be had. [until the vw and discounting the austin atlantic and nasty looking nash metropolitan]
milky coffee - fine. ain't never heard of HOT orange juice, with or without blue riband [are they still available?]
one of my favourites was chocolate biscuit "penguins" - great. are they still available? don't recall who made them - maybe mcvities.
bloody yummy, anyway.
"There was a subterranean Gents across the road - on a wet day it reminded us of a Humphrey Bogart film, God knows why." don't recall seeing one here though, but they were kind of spooky/dank.

ct