[BITList] SS - Over 19 million watched this one.

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 14 10:11:30 GMT 2010

John,

First performed in Dublin, as you say.  I understand the standing up at or during the Hallelujah Chorus arose from the fiirst time German Geordie saw the Messiah performed. He stood up, possibly with excitement, on hearing the Chorus, and the rest of the audience, probably not all at once, felt obliged for various reasons to follow suit. Thereafter, it became quite the thing to stand at that point.  I'd love to be at the performance where HM decides to stay seated.  All this apart, the Flash event is brilliant, and I stayed seated throughout it.