[BITList] Idiots everywhere

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Mon Dec 13 11:52:31 GMT 2010

                    IDIOT SIGHTING #1.

                     My daughter and I went through the McDonald's
Frankston  take-out window and I gave the server a $10 note. Our total
was $9.20, so I also handed her a 20 cent piece. She said, 'You gave
me too much money.'  I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just
give me $1 back.'
                     She sighed and went to get the manager who asked
me to repeat my request.
                     I did so and he handed me back the 20 cents and
said, 'We're sorry but we do not do that kind of thing.'
                     The server then proceeded to give me back 80 cents
in change.
                     Do not confuse the staff at MacDonald's.

                     IDIOT SIGHTING #2.
                     Happened in Mordialloc , near  Melbourne . We had
to have the garage door repaired. The ROLLADOR repairman told us that
one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on
the opener.
                     I thought for a moment, and said that we had the
largest one ROLLADOR made at that time, a ½ horsepower.
                     He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a ¼
horsepower.'
                     I responded that ½ was larger than ¼ and he said,
'Nooo, it's not. Four is larger than two..'
                     We haven't used ROLLADOR since.

                     IDIOT SIGHTING #3.
                      I live in  Kyneton , Victoria , a semi-rural
area. We recently had a new neighbour call the Main Roads department
to request the removal of the 'WOMBATS CROSSING' sign on our road.
                     The reason: 'Too many WOMBATS are being hit by
cars on this stretch of road! I don't think this is a good place for
them to be crossing anymore.'

                     IDIOT SIGHTING #4.
                     My daughter went to a local Kentucky Fried Chicken
in South Heidleberg , Victoria, and ordered a Taco. She asked the
person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.'
                     He said he was sorry, but they only had Iceberg
Lettuce.

                     IDIOT SIGHTING #5.

                     I was at  Tullamarine Airport , checking in at the
Tiger airways gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put
anything in your baggage without your knowledge?'
                     To which I replied, 'If it was without my
knowledge, how would I know?'  He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's
why we ask.'

                    IDIOT SIGHTING #6.
                     The traffic light on the corner buzzes when it's
on red and safe to cross the road. I was crossing with an
intellectually challenged friend of mine.
                     She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for.
                     I explained that it signals to blind people when
the light is red.
                     Appalled, she responded, 'what on earth are blind
people doing driving?!'  She is a local council employee in Frankston,
Victoria .

                    IDIOT SIGHTING #7
                     When my husband and I arrived at our local Ford
dealer in Moorabin, to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been
locked in it.  We went to the Service Department and found a mechanic
working feverishly to unlock the driver's door.
                     As I watched from the passenger side, I
instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was
unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the mechanic, 'it's open!'
                     His reply: 'I know. I already did that side.