[BITList] BBC News - Shipping to steer cleaner carbon course

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 7 14:33:55 GMT 2010

Mike,

Looks like there's a lot of money to be made in creating a testing ships industry.  What Walmart or Nike don't know about the marine industry will take a lot of cash to find out via a chain of consultants, some of indifferent quality.  During my sojourn in Kvaerner's design office, I worked on drawings for projected ships having what at the time (late 80s) was touted as state of the art equipment for protecting the environment from foul emissions.  It proved impossible to get sufficient data to enable me to do other than reserve a vague space in the ER that I hoped might suit the bill.  Vaguer than "for but not with".