[BITList] Fwd: [vsdh] BOOGIE WOOGIE

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 4 22:49:41 GMT 2010

Mike,

That's superb.  It takes me back, though doing it was above my skill level.  It's real dancing, not namby pamby fidgeting on the spot to some ponce playing a record.  I also recall a version danced to modern jazz - nothing like that at all.  I was a member of a jazz club in the early 50s, and when  the coolest of the cool were playing a few danced a pale and academic version of the jitterbug to them - women in flat heeled slippers, long pencil skirts, set faces, distant demeanour, not a hint of a smile.  I enjoyed the music, however.